The Park Town Hotel is seeking a qualified Sales Manager to represent the hotel's services and facilitates to prospective clients and customers. The Sales Manager role is responsible for initiating, soliciting and negotiating contracts for hotel business. The ideal candidate for this role will proactively engage with prospective and existing clients, curate and cultivate long-term customer relationships in correlation with the sales objectives for the organization.
- Solicit new business in all market segments through planned personal calls, networking and telephone solicitations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce new business for groups, catering and conventions.
- Actively seek new business to promote revenue for the organization.
- Determine and recommend prospective customers from market analysis and research.
- Participate and lead in FAM tours, site visits and trade shows.
- Negotiate and finalize contracts with prospective clients.
- Prepare internal and external correspondence i.e. proposals, contacts, prospective lists, VIP guest lists, special requests and other pertinent information as required.
- Secure direct billing from clientele.
- Communicate with all areas of the hotel to maximize efficiency and ensure all guests needs are taken care of.
- Assist in the development of the Hotel’s Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Personally responsible for ensuring sales goals and objectives are met.
- The ideal candidate will be efficient, with a high attention to detail and maintain a keen sense of urgency at all times.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Saskatchewan market, preferably the tourism and hospitality market.
- Must be a self starter who demonstrates exceptional services, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Astute negotiation, decision-making and problem solving skills. As well as the ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs. Additional computer knowledge of Adobe programs and 5 Star considered an asset.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Valid Driver’s licence and access to an automobile for outside sales calls.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- 3 years Sales and/or marketing experience.
- Higher education considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
To apply send a detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject Sales Manager Application.
It is with great sadness we announce the passing of Julian Bray, our Executive Chef who dedicated 18 years to The Park Town Hotel.
Chef had an amazing spirit who always had a smile on his face, he was a fatherly figure to many of us. Julian was a talented Chef who influenced and taught many over the years, he was famous for bringing comfort to his dishes.
Funeral will be held on Thursday, Oct 22nd, 2015 at 1:30pm at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Parish (333 Willow Rd) Followed by Reception at Park Town Hotel at 3:00pm, all are welcome.
So, summer is over, and let's face it that sucks! But have no fear, every Friday night we are here for you - to keep you warm, to help you stay fit (laughter is a great ab work out), and of course to keep you hydrated (hydration is like so important). See we really are here for you!!
So without further delay, here is our October Yuk Yuk's Line Up!!