June 5, 2013 16:04
What's not to love about summer in Saskatoon! There is so much going on in this city, we at the Park Town Hotel secretly think that other cities are jealous of our summers (but i guess it's not a secret anymore).
And as always the Laugh Shop at the Park Town Hotel is out in full force to add to the amazing events and entertainment going on in our beautiful city!
Please note that the Laugh Shop is down to one show per week now, Friday nights only.
June 5, 2013 12:02
Celebrate the Saskatoon Jazz Festival with Finn's Irish Pub!
Who doesn't like free live entertainment! In celebrate of the Jazz Festival Finn's Irish Pub has brought in some amazing live entertainers this June!
Check out our line up here - we can't wait to see you all out on our Paddy=O Deck this summer!
May 27, 2013 09:10
Sometimes it feels like in Saskatchewan we only have two seasons, cold & snow and mosquitos & sunshine. But there is a third season in Saskatoon that we often forget about, but it's one of the best times to be in the city. That season is Festival & Events Season!! Ladies and gentlemen this season is upon us! So break out your sunscreen, flip flops and cut off jean shorts cause Saskatoon's about to get Fun.
This June we've got a ton of stuff to look forward to, check out our list of events coming up:
June 2nd - 5th:
- PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan - This year the PotashCorp Children's Festival is celebrating 25 years of arts participation for young audiences and families. This birthday belongs to all who are young at heart. Each day will be packed with countless dynamic, imaginative experiences for children!
- Waterfront Craft Art Festival in partnership with Affinity Credit Union - Located on the popular Meewasin Trail alongside the South Saskatchewan river, Waterfront brings together more than 50 craft and visual artists, all of whom are Juried members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. In addition to buying craft, visitors can enjoy musical entertainment and children's activities.
June 8th & 9th:
June 8th - 15th:
- 2013 Saskatoon Pride Festival - This annual week-long festival provides and accessible space to foster community pride, raise awareness for gay and lesbian culture within Saskatoon.
- Walmart Walk For Miracles - Join thousands of people across the country and raise crucial funds for Children's Miracle Network member hospitals in the 10th Annual Walk for Miracles presented by Walmart. Every dollar raised will create health-care miracles for more than 2.6 million Canadian children.
- Motorcycle Ride For Dad - The mission of the Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men's lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease. Ride For Dad events take place in 30 major cities across Canada. Join the movement in Saskatoon and support men's health.
June 21st - 23rd:
June 21st - July 1st:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - For 10 days each summer, the city of Saskatoon bursts into song at the Jazz Festival. Over 80,000 music fans enjoy the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop and world music each year!
- Broadway Art Fest - Get to Broadway to celebrate Saskatoon's visual arts community by showcasing various local artists, artwork and art organizations along the sidewalks and streets of Broadway. Art Fest will include a Broadway district sidewalk sale and a silent auction featuring various types of local art.
June 29th - July 7th:
- Saskatoon Summer Players' Main Stage Musical - Saskatoon Summer Players (SSP) is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to furthering all aspects of the production and performance of professional quality musical theatre in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Subaru Western Triathlon Series - Canada's premier triathlon series featuring five exciting events hosted in beautiful locations across Canada. Athletes of all ages and abilities, from first-timers to top elite athletes will participate in different distances including Half Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, and fun Relay events.
Don't forget to check out our Experience Saskatoon Package for complementary tickets when you book your guest room stay at the Park Town Hotel.
May 23, 2013 15:44
Saskatoon is jam packed with fun and exciting things to do this summer, including attractions, festivals and events! From now until August 31st when you book your room at the Park Town Hotel at a leisure room rate, make sure to get your Saskatoon Experience Pass and choose from one of the many exciting events, festivals or attractions in our great city!*
Take your Pick of the Following Events:
SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (June 21 - July 1):
- Voucher for any show - value $20.00
PGA Tour Canada - Dakota Dune Open (July 4 - 7):
- Tournament Pass/Casino vouchers - value $65.00
Canada Remembers our Heroes Air Show (July 6 - 7):
- Group Pass for 4 or Family Pass - value $40.00
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival (July 10 - Aug 25):
- Adult Ticket - value $27.00
AutoClearing Motor Speedway (July 16 - 17):
- Group Pass for 4 - value $54.00
A Taste of Saskatchewan (July 16 - 21):
- Eight Food & Refreshment Tokens - value $20.00
John Arcand Fiddle Fest (Aug 8 - 11):
- Adult Day Pass - value $20.00
Folkfest (Aug 15 - 17):
- Full Weekend Passport - value $30.00
PotashCorp Fireworks Festival (Aug 30 - 31):
- Adult Ticket to the sparkler VIP Social - value $75.00
Saskatoon EX (Aug 6 - 11):
- 2 Adult General Admission Passes to Saskatoon Exhibition - value $30.00
And Great Attractions:
- Park Family Pass to the Park and Trails - value $25.00
Western Development Museum:
- Family Pass - value $20.00
Forestry Farm Park and Zoo:
- Family Zoo - value $20.00
Shearwater River Cruises:
- Adult Pass to board the Prairie Lily - value $20.00
*Offer only valid for Leisure Guests and is not available for other negotiated rates. Guests must ask for the Saskatoon Experience when making their hotel reservation. Guests will receive one pass, per night, per guest room. Limited Time Offer.
Offer available until August 31st, 2013.
May 8, 2013 10:57
Looking to work in a fun and relaxed environment with great people and opportunity for growth? The Park Town Hotel is looking for a Full Time Evening Line Cook.
This position offers:
- Competitive wages
- Company benefits
- Staff meals included
- Opportunities for advancement
This position requires at least four years experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
May 3, 2013 11:16
Summer is slowly showing its beautiful, sunny and warm presence here in Saskatoon. Everywhere you look people are out jogging, walking their dogs, riding bikes and even rowing on the river (true story we saw it happen just yesterday). Even though us Saskatoonians are a resilient bunch we all need a break from this extra long and nasty winter.
So it's time to shed those winter coats for a few months and get out and enjoy all that this great city has to offer.
What's going on in Saskatoon this May 2013:
May 2nd - 5th: Cinergie - Saskatchewan's French Film Festival
- Savour 4 days of A-list subtitled French language films from around the world, hear filmmakers speak and enjoy amazing film parties!
May 10th - 11th: Vesna Festival
- Ukrainian culture abounds at Vesna! The traditional Vensa Festival Cabaret will once again feature locally and nationally recognized dance groups, bands, choirs, performers and entertainers. This year will be a Reunion to Remember.
May 16th - 26th: 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup
- The Park Town Hotel is proud to be a part of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup. Get out and show your support for your favourite team and prove to why Saskatoon is one of the best cities in Canada.
May 26th: Saskatchewan Marathon
- May is Marathon Month in Saskatoon! With lots of "marathon" events leading up to the grand finale there will be lots to do around the city. Whether you're running or not come out to show your support for everyone involved in this race!
April 24, 2013 09:48
The Park Town Hotel is looking for a new Assistant Catering Manager.
The Assistant Catering Manager is responsible for assisting the Catering Manager and ensuring the effective and efficient management and delivery of Catering/Banquet Services and the Laugh Shop. This position is the front line manager for the day to day operations of the banquet department and porters, servers and wait staff for the Laugh Shop. This position is responsible for ensuring the banquet department and laugh shop run smoothly and that all the clients needs are met.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Manage the banquet and laugh shop to ensure agreed standards are maintained;
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care are provided in all aspects of catering and laugh shop operations;
- Provide effective management for all banquet and laugh shop associates;
- Prepare weekly staff schedules and time sheets;
- Monitor and control hours and overtime expenditures for banquet and laugh shop staff;
- Help prepare paperwork and ensure relevant training and induction for new staff members is carried out efficiently;
- Assist with the development and delivery of in-house training;
- Maintaining and increasing the level of customer satisfaction and customer service;
- Monitoring and recording feedback from customers;
- Ensure and maintain high standards of customer service, staff relations and supplier relations;
- Deal with complaints where appropriate - with support of the Catering Manager when necessary;
- Oversee stock control systems;
- Assist with set up of in-house Audio Visual Equipment.
General Qualification of this Position Includes:
- Office Skills;
- Management experience preferred;
- Hospitality and customer service experience preferred.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of members and clients of the Park Town Hotel;
- Be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness, and be able to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary;
- Have excellent time management skills, attention to detail, the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency, the ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals.
The Assistant Catering Manager works from the Catering Office. 40 hour work weeks. Excellent benefits and working conditions, salary based on work experience.
Please contact Rami Flamand at 306-667-6068 for more information. Or contact Rami by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 18, 2013 11:19
May has 5 weekends, count 'em 5!! So that means we have 5 comedic acts coming in for the month of May!!
These shows are good so get your tickets while you still can!!!
April 2, 2013 10:51
Spring has sprung ... sort of! In your busy weeks of avoiding potholes and puddles take some time off to laugh!
The Park Town Hotel is very proud and excited to announce our April Laugh Shop Line Up! This month each act just gets funnier than the next! Check out our line up!
And don't forget we are available for fundraisers!
March 27, 2013 15:36
Our newly renovated and redesigned Riverside Lounge is hiring a part time individual to work a Monday through Thursday day shift.
This position includes competitive wages, tips and benefits after 6 months.
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Sue McLauchlin at email@example.com or call 306-665-6064.