June 24, 2013 14:53
Summer is upon us! However, mother nature doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us and turn off the water works. Don't let the rainy weather this summer get you down we've got something to make you laugh rain or shine!
Check out the July Laugh Shop Line up for 2013!
May 27, 2013 09:10
Sometimes it feels like in Saskatchewan we only have two seasons, cold & snow and mosquitos & sunshine. But there is a third season in Saskatoon that we often forget about, but it's one of the best times to be in the city. That season is Festival & Events Season!! Ladies and gentlemen this season is upon us! So break out your sunscreen, flip flops and cut off jean shorts cause Saskatoon's about to get Fun.
This June we've got a ton of stuff to look forward to, check out our list of events coming up:
June 2nd - 5th:
- PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan - This year the PotashCorp Children's Festival is celebrating 25 years of arts participation for young audiences and families. This birthday belongs to all who are young at heart. Each day will be packed with countless dynamic, imaginative experiences for children!
- Waterfront Craft Art Festival in partnership with Affinity Credit Union - Located on the popular Meewasin Trail alongside the South Saskatchewan river, Waterfront brings together more than 50 craft and visual artists, all of whom are Juried members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. In addition to buying craft, visitors can enjoy musical entertainment and children's activities.
June 8th & 9th:
June 8th - 15th:
- 2013 Saskatoon Pride Festival - This annual week-long festival provides and accessible space to foster community pride, raise awareness for gay and lesbian culture within Saskatoon.
- Walmart Walk For Miracles - Join thousands of people across the country and raise crucial funds for Children's Miracle Network member hospitals in the 10th Annual Walk for Miracles presented by Walmart. Every dollar raised will create health-care miracles for more than 2.6 million Canadian children.
- Motorcycle Ride For Dad - The mission of the Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men's lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease. Ride For Dad events take place in 30 major cities across Canada. Join the movement in Saskatoon and support men's health.
June 21st - 23rd:
June 21st - July 1st:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - For 10 days each summer, the city of Saskatoon bursts into song at the Jazz Festival. Over 80,000 music fans enjoy the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop and world music each year!
- Broadway Art Fest - Get to Broadway to celebrate Saskatoon's visual arts community by showcasing various local artists, artwork and art organizations along the sidewalks and streets of Broadway. Art Fest will include a Broadway district sidewalk sale and a silent auction featuring various types of local art.
June 29th - July 7th:
- Saskatoon Summer Players' Main Stage Musical - Saskatoon Summer Players (SSP) is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to furthering all aspects of the production and performance of professional quality musical theatre in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Subaru Western Triathlon Series - Canada's premier triathlon series featuring five exciting events hosted in beautiful locations across Canada. Athletes of all ages and abilities, from first-timers to top elite athletes will participate in different distances including Half Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, and fun Relay events.
Don't forget to check out our Experience Saskatoon Package for complementary tickets when you book your guest room stay at the Park Town Hotel.
May 3, 2013 11:16
Summer is slowly showing its beautiful, sunny and warm presence here in Saskatoon. Everywhere you look people are out jogging, walking their dogs, riding bikes and even rowing on the river (true story we saw it happen just yesterday). Even though us Saskatoonians are a resilient bunch we all need a break from this extra long and nasty winter.
So it's time to shed those winter coats for a few months and get out and enjoy all that this great city has to offer.
What's going on in Saskatoon this May 2013:
May 2nd - 5th: Cinergie - Saskatchewan's French Film Festival
- Savour 4 days of A-list subtitled French language films from around the world, hear filmmakers speak and enjoy amazing film parties!
May 10th - 11th: Vesna Festival
- Ukrainian culture abounds at Vesna! The traditional Vensa Festival Cabaret will once again feature locally and nationally recognized dance groups, bands, choirs, performers and entertainers. This year will be a Reunion to Remember.
May 16th - 26th: 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup
- The Park Town Hotel is proud to be a part of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup. Get out and show your support for your favourite team and prove to why Saskatoon is one of the best cities in Canada.
May 26th: Saskatchewan Marathon
- May is Marathon Month in Saskatoon! With lots of "marathon" events leading up to the grand finale there will be lots to do around the city. Whether you're running or not come out to show your support for everyone involved in this race!