July 15, 2013 14:56
Summer has come to an end , people back in work mode and the kids back in school. Summer went by too fast, as it usually does! Even though it took till August for our summer to arrive, it was a beautiful month for weather and let's just hope it keeps through our September! Hoping to see you all out at these rad events coming up around the corner:
Here's what's going on this September ):
- Saturday, September 7th - BROADWAY STREET FAIR- The Broadway Business Improvement District (Broadway BID) annually presents the Broadway Street Fair, always hosted the Saturday following September long weekend; this year, Saturday, September 7, 2013. This is Broadway District’s largest event of the year, drawing thousands to the street.
An eclectic array of street performers, vendors, artists, musicians, and dancers transform Broadway into a five block-long street fair. The event features a sidewalk sale, music and dance stages, silent auction, petting zoo, children's art tent, performers and much more. Each year this event renews Broadway’s historic role as Saskatoon’s cultural main street.
From 10am to 5pm, the Broadway BID looks forward to hosting the community for another sunny Street Fair.
It is our dedicated sponsors who make this event possible. Thanks kindly to each: Affinity Credit Union, Brainsport, Bill’s House of Flowers, Broadway Café, Broadway Pharmacy, Broadway Shoe Repair, Enigma, Foster’s Shoes, Grace-Westminster United Church, McDougall Gauley, McQuarries Tea & Coffee Merchants, RBC, Saskatoon Optical, Steephill Food Co-op, Weczeria Food & Wine, Yamaha Piano Centre, Hub City, Performance Productions, Planet S, and PotashCorp
- Sunday, September 22 - The World on the Street Saskatoon -
The festival includes four stages: Treasure Island, a youth stage with children's authors, a teen literary showcase and a bilingual musician. Children can also visit with roaming performers and local mascots, and enjoy making crafts and playing games on Literacy Lane. Have fun as you browse through the festival's vibrant marketplace with exhibits from booksellers, publishers, literacy organizations, authors and retailers. This is a free community event. Everyone is welcome - bring a picnic lunch or grab a snack on site and enjoy the festival atmosphere. Location: Civic Square and around City Hall. For more info visit Click Here
May 27, 2013 09:10
Sometimes it feels like in Saskatchewan we only have two seasons, cold & snow and mosquitos & sunshine. But there is a third season in Saskatoon that we often forget about, but it's one of the best times to be in the city. That season is Festival & Events Season!! Ladies and gentlemen this season is upon us! So break out your sunscreen, flip flops and cut off jean shorts cause Saskatoon's about to get Fun.
This June we've got a ton of stuff to look forward to, check out our list of events coming up:
June 2nd - 5th:
- PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan - This year the PotashCorp Children's Festival is celebrating 25 years of arts participation for young audiences and families. This birthday belongs to all who are young at heart. Each day will be packed with countless dynamic, imaginative experiences for children!
- Waterfront Craft Art Festival in partnership with Affinity Credit Union - Located on the popular Meewasin Trail alongside the South Saskatchewan river, Waterfront brings together more than 50 craft and visual artists, all of whom are Juried members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. In addition to buying craft, visitors can enjoy musical entertainment and children's activities.
June 8th & 9th:
June 8th - 15th:
- 2013 Saskatoon Pride Festival - This annual week-long festival provides and accessible space to foster community pride, raise awareness for gay and lesbian culture within Saskatoon.
- Walmart Walk For Miracles - Join thousands of people across the country and raise crucial funds for Children's Miracle Network member hospitals in the 10th Annual Walk for Miracles presented by Walmart. Every dollar raised will create health-care miracles for more than 2.6 million Canadian children.
- Motorcycle Ride For Dad - The mission of the Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men's lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease. Ride For Dad events take place in 30 major cities across Canada. Join the movement in Saskatoon and support men's health.
June 21st - 23rd:
June 21st - July 1st:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - For 10 days each summer, the city of Saskatoon bursts into song at the Jazz Festival. Over 80,000 music fans enjoy the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop and world music each year!
- Broadway Art Fest - Get to Broadway to celebrate Saskatoon's visual arts community by showcasing various local artists, artwork and art organizations along the sidewalks and streets of Broadway. Art Fest will include a Broadway district sidewalk sale and a silent auction featuring various types of local art.
June 29th - July 7th:
- Saskatoon Summer Players' Main Stage Musical - Saskatoon Summer Players (SSP) is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to furthering all aspects of the production and performance of professional quality musical theatre in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Subaru Western Triathlon Series - Canada's premier triathlon series featuring five exciting events hosted in beautiful locations across Canada. Athletes of all ages and abilities, from first-timers to top elite athletes will participate in different distances including Half Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, and fun Relay events.
Don't forget to check out our Experience Saskatoon Package for complementary tickets when you book your guest room stay at the Park Town Hotel.
May 3, 2013 11:16
Summer is slowly showing its beautiful, sunny and warm presence here in Saskatoon. Everywhere you look people are out jogging, walking their dogs, riding bikes and even rowing on the river (true story we saw it happen just yesterday). Even though us Saskatoonians are a resilient bunch we all need a break from this extra long and nasty winter.
So it's time to shed those winter coats for a few months and get out and enjoy all that this great city has to offer.
What's going on in Saskatoon this May 2013:
May 2nd - 5th: Cinergie - Saskatchewan's French Film Festival
- Savour 4 days of A-list subtitled French language films from around the world, hear filmmakers speak and enjoy amazing film parties!
May 10th - 11th: Vesna Festival
- Ukrainian culture abounds at Vesna! The traditional Vensa Festival Cabaret will once again feature locally and nationally recognized dance groups, bands, choirs, performers and entertainers. This year will be a Reunion to Remember.
May 16th - 26th: 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup
- The Park Town Hotel is proud to be a part of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup. Get out and show your support for your favourite team and prove to why Saskatoon is one of the best cities in Canada.
May 26th: Saskatchewan Marathon
- May is Marathon Month in Saskatoon! With lots of "marathon" events leading up to the grand finale there will be lots to do around the city. Whether you're running or not come out to show your support for everyone involved in this race!
February 5, 2013 14:15
Valentines Day can be a stressful time of year for both singles and couples. Expectations are high, and don't be fooled Valentine's Day isn't a private affair. It's a time for men and women singled or coupled to indulge in the kind of sappiness they would normally turn their nose up to. And this year, the highly anticipated February 14th falls on a weekday, which means your significant other will be telling all their coworkers about the gooey romance that is in store for the night.
Lets face it we all know that deep down everyone has a soft spot for unannounced flowers, heart shaped chocolates and dinner reservations. There's no better way to get your message of love across than over a delicious dinner.
However, your special night with your sweetheart, best friend or family can sometimes be stifled when you get to the restaurant and end up feeling rushed. You end up feeling like a number not a customer. Restaurant staff scramble to get turn overs for the next sitting, and all you want to do is stare deeply into each others eyes.
We've got a solution for you, The Park Town's Four Seasons Restaurant has an amazing Valentines Day Dinner for Two for only $94.95.
Picture a perfect evening over looking the South Saskatchewan River while dining on Lobster, Steak and Chocolate Lava Cake ... Watch out, love is in the air this February 14th.
Our Valentines Day Dinner for Two Includes:
December 13, 2012 16:19
This Show is now SOLD OUT
So the end of the year is coming, and we all have that dreaded question, what am I going to do for New Years? Such a happy occasion can sometimes become stressful! Do I make plans to go to a party? Do I go to a bar? Do I stay home with a loved one? Where do we eat? Will it be busy? Will I have to wait in line?
Well we've got the solution for you! The Park Town Laugh Shop New Years show! This is the perfect stress free New Years around!
Start the night out with some cocktails, followed by a Prime Rib Buffet (yes that is all the prime rib you can eat), then laugh your butts off with our double headliner comedian show and then dance the night away!! Yes you get all of this without leaving the room! And the best part, tickets are only $60!
We know that New Years can be hard, so why don't you come celebrate with us?