June 24, 2013 14:53
Summer is upon us! However, mother nature doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us and turn off the water works. Don't let the rainy weather this summer get you down we've got something to make you laugh rain or shine!
Check out the July Laugh Shop Line up for 2013!
June 5, 2013 16:04
What's not to love about summer in Saskatoon! There is so much going on in this city, we at the Park Town Hotel secretly think that other cities are jealous of our summers (but i guess it's not a secret anymore).
And as always the Laugh Shop at the Park Town Hotel is out in full force to add to the amazing events and entertainment going on in our beautiful city!
Please note that the Laugh Shop is down to one show per week now, Friday nights only.
June 5, 2013 12:02
Celebrate the Saskatoon Jazz Festival with Finn's Irish Pub!
Who doesn't like free live entertainment! In celebrate of the Jazz Festival Finn's Irish Pub has brought in some amazing live entertainers this June!
Check out our line up here - we can't wait to see you all out on our Paddy=O Deck this summer!
May 27, 2013 09:10
Sometimes it feels like in Saskatchewan we only have two seasons, cold & snow and mosquitos & sunshine. But there is a third season in Saskatoon that we often forget about, but it's one of the best times to be in the city. That season is Festival & Events Season!! Ladies and gentlemen this season is upon us! So break out your sunscreen, flip flops and cut off jean shorts cause Saskatoon's about to get Fun.
This June we've got a ton of stuff to look forward to, check out our list of events coming up:
June 2nd - 5th:
- PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan - This year the PotashCorp Children's Festival is celebrating 25 years of arts participation for young audiences and families. This birthday belongs to all who are young at heart. Each day will be packed with countless dynamic, imaginative experiences for children!
- Waterfront Craft Art Festival in partnership with Affinity Credit Union - Located on the popular Meewasin Trail alongside the South Saskatchewan river, Waterfront brings together more than 50 craft and visual artists, all of whom are Juried members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. In addition to buying craft, visitors can enjoy musical entertainment and children's activities.
June 8th & 9th:
June 8th - 15th:
- 2013 Saskatoon Pride Festival - This annual week-long festival provides and accessible space to foster community pride, raise awareness for gay and lesbian culture within Saskatoon.
- Walmart Walk For Miracles - Join thousands of people across the country and raise crucial funds for Children's Miracle Network member hospitals in the 10th Annual Walk for Miracles presented by Walmart. Every dollar raised will create health-care miracles for more than 2.6 million Canadian children.
- Motorcycle Ride For Dad - The mission of the Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men's lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease. Ride For Dad events take place in 30 major cities across Canada. Join the movement in Saskatoon and support men's health.
June 21st - 23rd:
June 21st - July 1st:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - For 10 days each summer, the city of Saskatoon bursts into song at the Jazz Festival. Over 80,000 music fans enjoy the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop and world music each year!
- Broadway Art Fest - Get to Broadway to celebrate Saskatoon's visual arts community by showcasing various local artists, artwork and art organizations along the sidewalks and streets of Broadway. Art Fest will include a Broadway district sidewalk sale and a silent auction featuring various types of local art.
June 29th - July 7th:
- Saskatoon Summer Players' Main Stage Musical - Saskatoon Summer Players (SSP) is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to furthering all aspects of the production and performance of professional quality musical theatre in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Subaru Western Triathlon Series - Canada's premier triathlon series featuring five exciting events hosted in beautiful locations across Canada. Athletes of all ages and abilities, from first-timers to top elite athletes will participate in different distances including Half Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, and fun Relay events.
Don't forget to check out our Experience Saskatoon Package for complementary tickets when you book your guest room stay at the Park Town Hotel.
May 23, 2013 15:44
Saskatoon is jam packed with fun and exciting things to do this summer, including attractions, festivals and events! From now until August 31st when you book your room at the Park Town Hotel at a leisure room rate, make sure to get your Saskatoon Experience Pass and choose from one of the many exciting events, festivals or attractions in our great city!*
Take your Pick of the Following Events:
SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (June 21 - July 1):
- Voucher for any show - value $20.00
PGA Tour Canada - Dakota Dune Open (July 4 - 7):
- Tournament Pass/Casino vouchers - value $65.00
Canada Remembers our Heroes Air Show (July 6 - 7):
- Group Pass for 4 or Family Pass - value $40.00
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival (July 10 - Aug 25):
- Adult Ticket - value $27.00
AutoClearing Motor Speedway (July 16 - 17):
- Group Pass for 4 - value $54.00
A Taste of Saskatchewan (July 16 - 21):
- Eight Food & Refreshment Tokens - value $20.00
John Arcand Fiddle Fest (Aug 8 - 11):
- Adult Day Pass - value $20.00
Folkfest (Aug 15 - 17):
- Full Weekend Passport - value $30.00
PotashCorp Fireworks Festival (Aug 30 - 31):
- Adult Ticket to the sparkler VIP Social - value $75.00
Saskatoon EX (Aug 6 - 11):
- 2 Adult General Admission Passes to Saskatoon Exhibition - value $30.00
And Great Attractions:
- Park Family Pass to the Park and Trails - value $25.00
Western Development Museum:
- Family Pass - value $20.00
Forestry Farm Park and Zoo:
- Family Zoo - value $20.00
Shearwater River Cruises:
- Adult Pass to board the Prairie Lily - value $20.00
*Offer only valid for Leisure Guests and is not available for other negotiated rates. Guests must ask for the Saskatoon Experience when making their hotel reservation. Guests will receive one pass, per night, per guest room. Limited Time Offer.
Offer available until August 31st, 2013.
May 3, 2013 11:16
Summer is slowly showing its beautiful, sunny and warm presence here in Saskatoon. Everywhere you look people are out jogging, walking their dogs, riding bikes and even rowing on the river (true story we saw it happen just yesterday). Even though us Saskatoonians are a resilient bunch we all need a break from this extra long and nasty winter.
So it's time to shed those winter coats for a few months and get out and enjoy all that this great city has to offer.
What's going on in Saskatoon this May 2013:
May 2nd - 5th: Cinergie - Saskatchewan's French Film Festival
- Savour 4 days of A-list subtitled French language films from around the world, hear filmmakers speak and enjoy amazing film parties!
May 10th - 11th: Vesna Festival
- Ukrainian culture abounds at Vesna! The traditional Vensa Festival Cabaret will once again feature locally and nationally recognized dance groups, bands, choirs, performers and entertainers. This year will be a Reunion to Remember.
May 16th - 26th: 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup
- The Park Town Hotel is proud to be a part of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup. Get out and show your support for your favourite team and prove to why Saskatoon is one of the best cities in Canada.
May 26th: Saskatchewan Marathon
- May is Marathon Month in Saskatoon! With lots of "marathon" events leading up to the grand finale there will be lots to do around the city. Whether you're running or not come out to show your support for everyone involved in this race!
April 18, 2013 11:19
May has 5 weekends, count 'em 5!! So that means we have 5 comedic acts coming in for the month of May!!
These shows are good so get your tickets while you still can!!!
April 2, 2013 10:51
Spring has sprung ... sort of! In your busy weeks of avoiding potholes and puddles take some time off to laugh!
The Park Town Hotel is very proud and excited to announce our April Laugh Shop Line Up! This month each act just gets funnier than the next! Check out our line up!
And don't forget we are available for fundraisers!
March 27, 2013 15:36
Our newly renovated and redesigned Riverside Lounge is hiring a part time individual to work a Monday through Thursday day shift.
This position includes competitive wages, tips and benefits after 6 months.
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Sue McLauchlin at email@example.com or call 306-665-6064.
February 27, 2013 16:08
As many of you know we have been hard at work here at the Hotel renovating and redesigning. From our Lobby, to our Lounge, to our Restaurant we have been tearing down and putting up new decor, new wallpaper, light fixtures you name it!
This Sunday March 3rd our South Dining Room, over looking the South Saskatchewan River will be opening its doors after its new an improved upgrade! Please join us this Sunday for Brunch and to look and see our newly renovated and redesigned South Dining Room.
Our South Dining Room over looks the South Saskatchewan River and is perfect for small weddings, receptions, birthday parties, engagement parties, the list goes on. Located on the main floor of the hotel, the South Dining Room can accommodate up to 65 people for a basic seated dinner service and between 40 to 50 people for events that require specific seating. Cocktail style parties can hold up to 80 people for come and go events.
Come see our newly renovated South Dining Room this Sunday! If you are looking to host an event or party please come see us we would be happy to help.