June 5, 2013 16:04
What's not to love about summer in Saskatoon! There is so much going on in this city, we at the Park Town Hotel secretly think that other cities are jealous of our summers (but i guess it's not a secret anymore).
And as always the Laugh Shop at the Park Town Hotel is out in full force to add to the amazing events and entertainment going on in our beautiful city!
Please note that the Laugh Shop is down to one show per week now, Friday nights only.
April 24, 2013 09:48
The Park Town Hotel is looking for a new Assistant Catering Manager.
The Assistant Catering Manager is responsible for assisting the Catering Manager and ensuring the effective and efficient management and delivery of Catering/Banquet Services and the Laugh Shop. This position is the front line manager for the day to day operations of the banquet department and porters, servers and wait staff for the Laugh Shop. This position is responsible for ensuring the banquet department and laugh shop run smoothly and that all the clients needs are met.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Manage the banquet and laugh shop to ensure agreed standards are maintained;
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care are provided in all aspects of catering and laugh shop operations;
- Provide effective management for all banquet and laugh shop associates;
- Prepare weekly staff schedules and time sheets;
- Monitor and control hours and overtime expenditures for banquet and laugh shop staff;
- Help prepare paperwork and ensure relevant training and induction for new staff members is carried out efficiently;
- Assist with the development and delivery of in-house training;
- Maintaining and increasing the level of customer satisfaction and customer service;
- Monitoring and recording feedback from customers;
- Ensure and maintain high standards of customer service, staff relations and supplier relations;
- Deal with complaints where appropriate - with support of the Catering Manager when necessary;
- Oversee stock control systems;
- Assist with set up of in-house Audio Visual Equipment.
General Qualification of this Position Includes:
- Office Skills;
- Management experience preferred;
- Hospitality and customer service experience preferred.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of members and clients of the Park Town Hotel;
- Be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness, and be able to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary;
- Have excellent time management skills, attention to detail, the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency, the ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals.
The Assistant Catering Manager works from the Catering Office. 40 hour work weeks. Excellent benefits and working conditions, salary based on work experience.
Please contact Rami Flamand at 306-667-6068 for more information. Or contact Rami by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 18, 2013 11:19
May has 5 weekends, count 'em 5!! So that means we have 5 comedic acts coming in for the month of May!!
These shows are good so get your tickets while you still can!!!
April 2, 2013 10:51
Spring has sprung ... sort of! In your busy weeks of avoiding potholes and puddles take some time off to laugh!
The Park Town Hotel is very proud and excited to announce our April Laugh Shop Line Up! This month each act just gets funnier than the next! Check out our line up!
And don't forget we are available for fundraisers!
February 19, 2013 16:40
Spring is so close we can almost taste it! Oh wait spring in Saskatchewan doesn't come until July ... well looks like we are in great need of some comedy. After all laughter is the best remedy for what ails you, even if what ails the entire province is this bitterly cold winter.
Come relax and laugh with us at the Park Town Hotel Laugh Shop!
March 2013 has 5 weekends! That means you've got 5 opportunities to laugh until your abs hurt - just call it a work out every Friday and Saturday night!
Our March line up:
March 1 & 2 - Brett Martin with Ben Poulx and Dan Clarke
March 8 & 9 - Double Feature David Dempsey and Jason Cooper with Ryan Short
March 15 & 16 - Kevin McGrath with York Underwood and Neil Rhodes
March 22 & 23 - Brad Muise with Jeremy Furlong and Neil Melrose
March 29 & 30 - Dave Merheje with Chris Grifin and Drew Behm
January 16, 2013 12:36
Laughter is the best medicine for, well everything! Missing temperatures in the positive digits? We hear you!
We've lined up a great month filled with laughter and a hypnotist! So come let us keep you laughing, and while you're at it bring all your friends for a guaranteed great night!
Our February Line up is:
February 1st & 2nd - Matthew Murray with Paul Voisard and Danny Martinello
February 8th & 9th - Sean Lecomber with Steve Ditata and Jason Coper
February 15th & 16th - Special Concert - Hypnotist Clint Worke with Danny Martinello
February 22nd & 23rd - Time Koslo with Kent Tilley and Drew Behm
For Tickets call 244-5564 or Book Online
Did you know we are also available for fundraising? For more details call us at 306-244-5564 and let us help you with your next event!
December 28, 2012 19:09
With the New Year fast approaching in Saskatoon it is time to get ready for the cold cold month of January. Don't let the winter blues get you, come have a laugh with us at our Laugh Shop.
Here is our January Laugh Shop Line Up.
January 4 & 5 - Paul Sveen with Sean Gramiak and Liam Creswick
January 11 & 12 - Double Headliner Kevin Stobo and Matt Billon
January 18 & 19 - Sean Ken with Drew Behm and Matthew Labuki
January 25 & 26 - Trent McClellan with Don Wood and Scott Belford
Happy New Years Everyone!
December 13, 2012 16:19
This Show is now SOLD OUT
So the end of the year is coming, and we all have that dreaded question, what am I going to do for New Years? Such a happy occasion can sometimes become stressful! Do I make plans to go to a party? Do I go to a bar? Do I stay home with a loved one? Where do we eat? Will it be busy? Will I have to wait in line?
Well we've got the solution for you! The Park Town Laugh Shop New Years show! This is the perfect stress free New Years around!
Start the night out with some cocktails, followed by a Prime Rib Buffet (yes that is all the prime rib you can eat), then laugh your butts off with our double headliner comedian show and then dance the night away!! Yes you get all of this without leaving the room! And the best part, tickets are only $60!
We know that New Years can be hard, so why don't you come celebrate with us?