Summer has come to an end , people back in work mode and the kids back in school. Summer went by too fast, as it usually does! Even though it took till August for our summer to arrive, it was a beautiful month for weather and let's just hope it keeps through our September! Hoping to see you all out at these rad events coming up around the corner:
Here's what's going on this September ):
- Saturday, September 7th - BROADWAY STREET FAIR- The Broadway Business Improvement District (Broadway BID) annually presents the Broadway Street Fair, always hosted the Saturday following September long weekend; this year, Saturday, September 7, 2013. This is Broadway District’s largest event of the year, drawing thousands to the street.
An eclectic array of street performers, vendors, artists, musicians, and dancers transform Broadway into a five block-long street fair. The event features a sidewalk sale, music and dance stages, silent auction, petting zoo, children's art tent, performers and much more. Each year this event renews Broadway’s historic role as Saskatoon’s cultural main street.
From 10am to 5pm, the Broadway BID looks forward to hosting the community for another sunny Street Fair.
It is our dedicated sponsors who make this event possible. Thanks kindly to each: Affinity Credit Union, Brainsport, Bill’s House of Flowers, Broadway Café, Broadway Pharmacy, Broadway Shoe Repair, Enigma, Foster’s Shoes, Grace-Westminster United Church, McDougall Gauley, McQuarries Tea & Coffee Merchants, RBC, Saskatoon Optical, Steephill Food Co-op, Weczeria Food & Wine, Yamaha Piano Centre, Hub City, Performance Productions, Planet S, and PotashCorp
- Sunday, September 22 - The World on the Street Saskatoon -
The festival includes four stages: Treasure Island, a youth stage with children's authors, a teen literary showcase and a bilingual musician. Children can also visit with roaming performers and local mascots, and enjoy making crafts and playing games on Literacy Lane. Have fun as you browse through the festival's vibrant marketplace with exhibits from booksellers, publishers, literacy organizations, authors and retailers. This is a free community event. Everyone is welcome - bring a picnic lunch or grab a snack on site and enjoy the festival atmosphere. Location: Civic Square and around City Hall. For more info visit Click Here
Summer is upon us! However, mother nature doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us and turn off the water works. Don't let the rainy weather this summer get you down we've got something to make you laugh rain or shine!
Check out the July Laugh Shop Line up for 2013!
What's not to love about summer in Saskatoon! There is so much going on in this city, we at the Park Town Hotel secretly think that other cities are jealous of our summers (but i guess it's not a secret anymore).
And as always the Laugh Shop at the Park Town Hotel is out in full force to add to the amazing events and entertainment going on in our beautiful city!
Please note that the Laugh Shop is down to one show per week now, Friday nights only.
Celebrate the Saskatoon Jazz Festival with Finn's Irish Pub!
Who doesn't like free live entertainment! In celebrate of the Jazz Festival Finn's Irish Pub has brought in some amazing live entertainers this June!
Check out our line up here - we can't wait to see you all out on our Paddy=O Deck this summer!
Sometimes it feels like in Saskatchewan we only have two seasons, cold & snow and mosquitos & sunshine. But there is a third season in Saskatoon that we often forget about, but it's one of the best times to be in the city. That season is Festival & Events Season!! Ladies and gentlemen this season is upon us! So break out your sunscreen, flip flops and cut off jean shorts cause Saskatoon's about to get Fun.
This June we've got a ton of stuff to look forward to, check out our list of events coming up:
June 2nd - 5th:
- PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan - This year the PotashCorp Children's Festival is celebrating 25 years of arts participation for young audiences and families. This birthday belongs to all who are young at heart. Each day will be packed with countless dynamic, imaginative experiences for children!
- Waterfront Craft Art Festival in partnership with Affinity Credit Union - Located on the popular Meewasin Trail alongside the South Saskatchewan river, Waterfront brings together more than 50 craft and visual artists, all of whom are Juried members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. In addition to buying craft, visitors can enjoy musical entertainment and children's activities.
June 8th & 9th:
June 8th - 15th:
- 2013 Saskatoon Pride Festival - This annual week-long festival provides and accessible space to foster community pride, raise awareness for gay and lesbian culture within Saskatoon.
- Walmart Walk For Miracles - Join thousands of people across the country and raise crucial funds for Children's Miracle Network member hospitals in the 10th Annual Walk for Miracles presented by Walmart. Every dollar raised will create health-care miracles for more than 2.6 million Canadian children.
- Motorcycle Ride For Dad - The mission of the Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men's lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease. Ride For Dad events take place in 30 major cities across Canada. Join the movement in Saskatoon and support men's health.
June 21st - 23rd:
June 21st - July 1st:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - For 10 days each summer, the city of Saskatoon bursts into song at the Jazz Festival. Over 80,000 music fans enjoy the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop and world music each year!
- Broadway Art Fest - Get to Broadway to celebrate Saskatoon's visual arts community by showcasing various local artists, artwork and art organizations along the sidewalks and streets of Broadway. Art Fest will include a Broadway district sidewalk sale and a silent auction featuring various types of local art.
June 29th - July 7th:
- Saskatoon Summer Players' Main Stage Musical - Saskatoon Summer Players (SSP) is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to furthering all aspects of the production and performance of professional quality musical theatre in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Subaru Western Triathlon Series - Canada's premier triathlon series featuring five exciting events hosted in beautiful locations across Canada. Athletes of all ages and abilities, from first-timers to top elite athletes will participate in different distances including Half Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, and fun Relay events.
Don't forget to check out our Experience Saskatoon Package for complementary tickets when you book your guest room stay at the Park Town Hotel.