What's not to love about summer in Saskatoon! There is so much going on in this city, we at the Park Town Hotel secretly think that other cities are jealous of our summers (but i guess it's not a secret anymore).
And as always the Laugh Shop at the Park Town Hotel is out in full force to add to the amazing events and entertainment going on in our beautiful city!
Please note that the Laugh Shop is down to one show per week now, Friday nights only.
Celebrate the Saskatoon Jazz Festival with Finn's Irish Pub!
Who doesn't like free live entertainment! In celebrate of the Jazz Festival Finn's Irish Pub has brought in some amazing live entertainers this June!
Check out our line up here - we can't wait to see you all out on our Paddy=O Deck this summer!
Sometimes it feels like in Saskatchewan we only have two seasons, cold & snow and mosquitos & sunshine. But there is a third season in Saskatoon that we often forget about, but it's one of the best times to be in the city. That season is Festival & Events Season!! Ladies and gentlemen this season is upon us! So break out your sunscreen, flip flops and cut off jean shorts cause Saskatoon's about to get Fun.
This June we've got a ton of stuff to look forward to, check out our list of events coming up:
June 2nd - 5th:
- PotashCorp Children's Festival of Saskatchewan - This year the PotashCorp Children's Festival is celebrating 25 years of arts participation for young audiences and families. This birthday belongs to all who are young at heart. Each day will be packed with countless dynamic, imaginative experiences for children!
- Waterfront Craft Art Festival in partnership with Affinity Credit Union - Located on the popular Meewasin Trail alongside the South Saskatchewan river, Waterfront brings together more than 50 craft and visual artists, all of whom are Juried members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council. In addition to buying craft, visitors can enjoy musical entertainment and children's activities.
June 8th & 9th:
June 8th - 15th:
- 2013 Saskatoon Pride Festival - This annual week-long festival provides and accessible space to foster community pride, raise awareness for gay and lesbian culture within Saskatoon.
- Walmart Walk For Miracles - Join thousands of people across the country and raise crucial funds for Children's Miracle Network member hospitals in the 10th Annual Walk for Miracles presented by Walmart. Every dollar raised will create health-care miracles for more than 2.6 million Canadian children.
- Motorcycle Ride For Dad - The mission of the Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men's lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease. Ride For Dad events take place in 30 major cities across Canada. Join the movement in Saskatoon and support men's health.
June 21st - 23rd:
June 21st - July 1st:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival - For 10 days each summer, the city of Saskatoon bursts into song at the Jazz Festival. Over 80,000 music fans enjoy the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop and world music each year!
- Broadway Art Fest - Get to Broadway to celebrate Saskatoon's visual arts community by showcasing various local artists, artwork and art organizations along the sidewalks and streets of Broadway. Art Fest will include a Broadway district sidewalk sale and a silent auction featuring various types of local art.
June 29th - July 7th:
- Saskatoon Summer Players' Main Stage Musical - Saskatoon Summer Players (SSP) is a community-based, non-profit organization dedicated to furthering all aspects of the production and performance of professional quality musical theatre in Saskatoon and surrounding area.
- Subaru Western Triathlon Series - Canada's premier triathlon series featuring five exciting events hosted in beautiful locations across Canada. Athletes of all ages and abilities, from first-timers to top elite athletes will participate in different distances including Half Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, and fun Relay events.
Don't forget to check out our Experience Saskatoon Package for complementary tickets when you book your guest room stay at the Park Town Hotel.
Saskatoon is jam packed with fun and exciting things to do this summer, including attractions, festivals and events! From now until August 31st when you book your room at the Park Town Hotel at a leisure room rate, make sure to get your Saskatoon Experience Pass and choose from one of the many exciting events, festivals or attractions in our great city!*
Take your Pick of the Following Events:
SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (June 21 - July 1):
- Voucher for any show - value $20.00
PGA Tour Canada - Dakota Dune Open (July 4 - 7):
- Tournament Pass/Casino vouchers - value $65.00
Canada Remembers our Heroes Air Show (July 6 - 7):
- Group Pass for 4 or Family Pass - value $40.00
Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival (July 10 - Aug 25):
- Adult Ticket - value $27.00
AutoClearing Motor Speedway (July 16 - 17):
- Group Pass for 4 - value $54.00
A Taste of Saskatchewan (July 16 - 21):
- Eight Food & Refreshment Tokens - value $20.00
John Arcand Fiddle Fest (Aug 8 - 11):
- Adult Day Pass - value $20.00
Folkfest (Aug 15 - 17):
- Full Weekend Passport - value $30.00
PotashCorp Fireworks Festival (Aug 30 - 31):
- Adult Ticket to the sparkler VIP Social - value $75.00
Saskatoon EX (Aug 6 - 11):
- 2 Adult General Admission Passes to Saskatoon Exhibition - value $30.00
And Great Attractions:
- Park Family Pass to the Park and Trails - value $25.00
Western Development Museum:
- Family Pass - value $20.00
Forestry Farm Park and Zoo:
- Family Zoo - value $20.00
Shearwater River Cruises:
- Adult Pass to board the Prairie Lily - value $20.00
*Offer only valid for Leisure Guests and is not available for other negotiated rates. Guests must ask for the Saskatoon Experience when making their hotel reservation. Guests will receive one pass, per night, per guest room. Limited Time Offer.
Offer available until August 31st, 2013.
May has 5 weekends, count 'em 5!! So that means we have 5 comedic acts coming in for the month of May!!
These shows are good so get your tickets while you still can!!!