May 23, 2013 15:44
Saskatoon is jam packed with fun and exciting things to do this summer, including attractions, festivals and events! From now until August 31st when you book your room at the Park Town Hotel at a leisure room rate, make sure to get your Saskatoon Experience Pass and choose from one of the many exciting events, festivals or attractions in our great city!*
Take your Pick of the Following Events:
- SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (June 21 - July 1): Voucher for any show - value $20.00 www.saskjazz.com
- PGA Tour Canada - Dakota Dune Open (July 4 - 7): Tournament Pass/Casino vouchers - value $65.00 www.dakotadunes.ca
- Canada Remembers our Heroes Air Show (July 6 - 7): Group Pass for 4 or Family Pass - value $40.00 www.canadaremembersourheroes.com
- Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival (July 10 - Aug 25): Adult Ticket - value $27.00 www.shakespeareonthesaskatchewan.com
- A Taste of Saskatchewan (July 16 - 21): Eight Food & Refreshment Tokens - value $20.00 www.tasteofsaskatchewan.com
- John Arcand Fiddle Fest (Aug 8 - 11): Adult Day Pass - value $20.00 www.johnarcandfiddlefest.com
- Folkfest (Aug 15 - 17): Full Weekend Passport - value $30.00 www.saskatoonfolkfest.ca
- PotashCorp Fireworks Festival (Aug 30 - 31): Adult Ticket to the sparkler VIP Social - value $75.00 www.potashcorpfireworksfestival.ca
- Saskatoon EX (Aug 6 - 11): 2 Adult General Admission Passes to Saskatoon Exhibition - value $30.00 www.saskatoonex.com
And Great Attractions:
- Wanuskewin Heritage: Park Family Pass to the Park and Trails - value $25.00 www.wanuskewin.com
- Western Development Museum: Family Pass - value $20.00 www.wdm.ca
- Forestry Farm Park and Zoo: Family Zoo - value $20.00 www.saskatoonzoosociety.ca
- Shearwater River Cruises: Adult Pass to board the Prairie Lily - value $20.00 www.shearwatertours.com
*Offer only valid for Leisure Guests and is not available for other negotiated rates. Guests must ask for the Saskatoon Experience when making their hotel reservation. Guests will receive one pass, per night, per guest room. Limited Time Offer.
Offer available until August 31st, 2013.
May 8, 2013 10:57
Looking to work in a fun and relaxed environment with great people and opportunity for growth? The Park Town Hotel is looking for a Full Time Evening Line Cook.
This position offers:
- Competitive wages
- Company benefits
- Staff meals included
- Opportunities for advancement
This position requires at least four years experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 3, 2013 11:16
Summer is slowly showing its beautiful, sunny and warm presence here in Saskatoon. Everywhere you look people are out jogging, walking their dogs, riding bikes and even rowing on the river (true story we saw it happen just yesterday). Even though us Saskatoonians are a resilient bunch we all need a break from this extra long and nasty winter.
So it's time to shed those winter coats for a few months and get out and enjoy all that this great city has to offer.
What's going on in Saskatoon this May 2013:
May 2nd - 5th: Cinergie - Saskatchewan's French Film Festival
- Savour 4 days of A-list subtitled French language films from around the world, hear filmmakers speak and enjoy amazing film parties!
May 10th - 11th: Vesna Festival
- Ukrainian culture abounds at Vesna! The traditional Vensa Festival Cabaret will once again feature locally and nationally recognized dance groups, bands, choirs, performers and entertainers. This year will be a Reunion to Remember.
May 16th - 26th: 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup
- The Park Town Hotel is proud to be a part of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup. Get out and show your support for your favourite team and prove to why Saskatoon is one of the best cities in Canada.
May 26th: Saskatchewan Marathon
- May is Marathon Month in Saskatoon! With lots of "marathon" events leading up to the grand finale there will be lots to do around the city. Whether you're running or not come out to show your support for everyone involved in this race!
April 24, 2013 09:48
The Park Town Hotel is looking for a new Assistant Catering Manager.
The Assistant Catering Manager is responsible for assisting the Catering Manager and ensuring the effective and efficient management and delivery of Catering/Banquet Services and the Laugh Shop. This position is the front line manager for the day to day operations of the banquet department and porters, servers and wait staff for the Laugh Shop. This position is responsible for ensuring the banquet department and laugh shop run smoothly and that all the clients needs are met.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Manage the banquet and laugh shop to ensure agreed standards are maintained;
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care are provided in all aspects of catering and laugh shop operations;
- Provide effective management for all banquet and laugh shop associates;
- Prepare weekly staff schedules and time sheets;
- Monitor and control hours and overtime expenditures for banquet and laugh shop staff;
- Help prepare paperwork and ensure relevant training and induction for new staff members is carried out efficiently;
- Assist with the development and delivery of in-house training;
- Maintaining and increasing the level of customer satisfaction and customer service;
- Monitoring and recording feedback from customers;
- Ensure and maintain high standards of customer service, staff relations and supplier relations;
- Deal with complaints where appropriate - with support of the Catering Manager when necessary;
- Oversee stock control systems;
- Assist with set up of in-house Audio Visual Equipment.
General Qualification of this Position Includes:
- Office Skills;
- Management experience preferred;
- Hospitality and customer service experience preferred.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of members and clients of the Park Town Hotel;
- Be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness, and be able to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary;
- Have excellent time management skills, attention to detail, the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency, the ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals.
The Assistant Catering Manager works from the Catering Office. 40 hour work weeks. Excellent benefits and working conditions, salary based on work experience.
Please contact Rami Flamand at 306-667-6068 for more information. Or contact Rami by email at email@example.com
April 18, 2013 11:19
May has 5 weekends, count 'em 5!! So that means we have 5 comedic acts coming in for the month of May!!
These shows are good so get your tickets while you still can!!!
April 2, 2013 10:51
Spring has sprung ... sort of! In your busy weeks of avoiding potholes and puddles take some time off to laugh!
The Park Town Hotel is very proud and excited to announce our April Laugh Shop Line Up! This month each act just gets funnier than the next! Check out our line up!
And don't forget we are available for fundraisers!
March 27, 2013 15:36
Our newly renovated and redesigned Riverside Lounge is hiring a part time individual to work a Monday through Thursday day shift.
This position includes competitive wages, tips and benefits after 6 months.
For more information or to apply for the position please contact Sue McLauchlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-665-6064.
March 14, 2013 11:04
Our Four Seasons Restaurant boasts some of the bests Buffets in Saskatoon! Coupled with our amazing view of the South Saskatchewan River, our Four Seasons Restaurant is one of the best dinning experiences in the city. For those of you who have tried our dining experience, you already know that we take great pride in quality and service here at the Park Town Hotel. For those of you who have never dined with us before, come see what you have been missing and Rediscover the Park Town Hotel.
February 27, 2013 16:08
As many of you know we have been hard at work here at the Hotel renovating and redesigning. From our Lobby, to our Lounge, to our Restaurant we have been tearing down and putting up new decor, new wallpaper, light fixtures you name it!
This Sunday March 3rd our South Dining Room, over looking the South Saskatchewan River will be opening its doors after its new an improved upgrade! Please join us this Sunday for Brunch and to look and see our newly renovated and redesigned South Dining Room.
Our South Dining Room over looks the South Saskatchewan River and is perfect for small weddings, receptions, birthday parties, engagement parties, the list goes on. Located on the main floor of the hotel, the South Dining Room can accommodate up to 65 people for a basic seated dinner service and between 40 to 50 people for events that require specific seating. Cocktail style parties can hold up to 80 people for come and go events.
Come see our newly renovated South Dining Room this Sunday! If you are looking to host an event or party please come see us we would be happy to help.
February 27, 2013 15:11
Our newly renovated Riverside Lounge is looking to a full day time bartender/server.
This position is for a day time bartender/server to work Tuesday through Saturday. Come join our team as we open our newly redesigned and renovated Riverside lounge located in the lobby of the Park Town Hotel.
This position offers competitive wages, benefits and tips. Some experience required.
Interested applicants should drop off their resume in person or send their resume to email@example.com.
For more information please contact our Four Seasons Restaurant at 306-667-6064.